Update: Our Response to COVID-19
Wayside is following orders from the state officials, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) in relation to coronavirus prevention measures. We are taking every precaution to protect the health and safety of our clients and employees. We will continue to adjust our procedures based on guidance from state and local health officials.
The following measures have been implemented and remain in effect:
- Wayside has appointed a single point of contact who is responsible for providing all communication, policy changes and continuous monitoring of information.
- Wayside has implemented a mandatory vaccine policy for all employees, interns and volunteers.
- Wayside continues to host vaccination clinics to provide ongoing vaccines to our youth and our employees
- Employees are required to wear masks when interfacing with clients and co-workers regardless of vaccination status.
- Outpatient counseling and psychopharmacology services are provided by via Telehealth.
- In-home services, family and peer support services are occurring in person with a potential option for Telehealth
- Our team of peer support and family support specialists are providing individual and group outreach in-person.
- Our resource centers are open and available to clients and families. Appointment preferred but walk-ins are accepted.
- Our office buildings in Waltham, Lowell, Milford, Medford and Framingham are fully open with limited daily capacity.
- Wayside Academy, our special education school, is open 5 days a week for full in-person learning.
- Our Partial Hospitalization Program is operating in person and also includes a remote option for youth who cannot attend in person.
- New referrals for our residential campus and young adult program are being carefully screened prior to admission to minimize any potential risks.
- Our Wayside Campus in Framingham is allowing for in-person visitation with safety precautions in place.
- We are providing COVID -19 surveillance testing to all of our congregate care employees on a weekly basis. The results are posted below and updated regularly.
COVID Rates - Week of 11/15/21
100% (135 negative)
COVID Rates - Week of 11/8/21
100% (144 negative)
Resources, Information and How to Talk to Children:
National Association of School Psychologists:
Talking to Kids About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Protect Yourself and Your Family
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
World Health Organization
COVID-19 Advice for the Public: Myth Busters
National Institutes of Health
Resources from the NIH
For More Information, Contact:
For questions related to Wayside policies and procedures, please contact us at [email protected].