One Antiracist Action You Can Take Today: Be An Antiracist Interviewer
There are some interview questions that help you put antiracism at the forefront of a job interview. If you do interviews at Wayside, then this is the article for you! Below are a few standardized DEI related interview questions that help communicate Wayside’s committment to DEI and also provide an opportunity for a candidate to demonstrate their understanding of DEI.
DEI RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Describe a situation in which you encounter a conflict with a person from a different cultural background than yours. How did you handle the situation? (Please be specific)
- How has diversity played a role in shaping your work style?
- How does your own identity impact your work with clients?
- When interacting with a person from a different culture than your own, how do you ensure that communication is effective?
- Talk about a time that you successfully adapted to a culturally different environment.
- What do you wish to learn more about regarding Diversity, Equity & Inclusion?
Read more below and make sure to ask about equity when you are interviewing!
Hiring Anti-Racist Employees Isn’t Easy (or Comfortable) | LEVEL (medium.com)
Equity vs. Equality and Other Racial Justice Definitions – The Annie E. Casey Foundation (aecf.org)