Customer Service Kudos: Winter 2016-2017
Harbinger & Sudbury staff: Campus
Patrick Keaton: IT
Yolanda Ortiz & Jasper Landrum: TEMPO
Marci Deutsch, Luis Soto, Ginger Fairbanks: Leads
Christine Gathii: Campus Administration
- Harbinger and Sudbury Staff, at the Campus, who served a young man who's mother on multiple occasions told a staff and Dena Rentumis that sending her son to Wayside was “the best thing that she could have done for her son and her family”, and her eyes filling up with tears of joy. She expressed appreciation for all the hard work and said that all of the staff and everyone she has interacted with at Wayside during her son’s treatment has been so supportive and have helped change things for the better at home. She further stated that she “is so thankful” and she feels that she is “finally beginning to see the son she knows and loves and has missed for so long”. Staff each play an integral role and milieu staff plays an even larger, if not the largest role in holding our kids accountable and teaching them life skills. Great team-work everyone!!!
- Patrick Keaton, from IT, for the seen and unseen efforts he has put forth on the agency's behalf for the year he has been with us. Fiber data lines are everywhere now, voice over internet phone system are in most sites, and he shares general education in “Did You Know” weekly publications, and most recently set up the enhanced video screens in both the Administrative meeting room and the Boardroom at the Campus. None of this is easy, and the list continues to grow for him, and Patrick has worked tirelessly to improve our IT environment with a lot more to come in year #2. Thank you Patrick!
- Yolanda Ortiz and Jasper Landrum, from TEMPO were of tremendous help on Thanksgiving Eve when a Campus staff member left for the holiday with keys to an agency vehicle. The staff was in Connecticut and unable to return. With many kids to transport to their families for Thanksgiving, we were faced with finding alternate transportation. A phone call to our friends at Tempo to see if a vehicle was available saved the Thanksgiving for many. Yolanda asked Jasper to bring the agency van to the Campus for these transports. Jasper had the vehicle to the Campus within a half hour and thanks to both Yolanda and Jasper for taking time from their own celebrations to help our kids.
- Marci Deutsch, Luis Soto, and Ginger Fairbanks, from the Worcester East, South Central and Arlington Leads, were invited by DCF's Central Office Education Manager to assist with efforts to develop practices for DCF to determine best interest of the child flow charts as the state rolls out the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), as DCF needs to establish practices to assess where youth in any type of placement should attend school. They also offered input in resolving disputes that may come up in this process, and were 3 out of 5 Education Coordinators statewide asked to assist in this effort, which illustrated the respect they have earned on a statewide basis. Nice job to all!
- Christine Gathii, from Campus Administration, displayed amazing customer service within the agency when she recently worked to resolve some difficulties that Lead Agency programs were having in getting gift cards for families at their DCF offices. Worcester East had been unable to get Walmart to accept a Wayside check and had been trying to work with Walmart, and given the length of time that families had been waiting for gift cards before the holidays, Christine was kind enough to unexpectedly stop by the Worcester East DCF office with the gift cards in hand! It was a wonderful gesture and she enjoyed seeing one of our farthest outposts as well! Thanks Christine!
Do you want to be next months Top Customer Service Employee?
Each staff person represents Wayside's values of providing helpful, courteous and friendly customer service to all we encounter, keep up the good work and be sure to let your Program Directors know about your successful customer service experiences! You deserve this recognition, and there are fun new Wayside giveaways for all winners!