Wayside's 7th Annual 5K4Kids
Wayside's 7th Annual 5K4Kids Run/Walk took place on Saturday, October 22, 2016 at Walsh Middle School. Prior to the start of the event, Wayside had surpassed its fundraising goal, and has now raised over $107,000 to benefit children, young adults and families. To-date, Wayside has raised over half-a-million dollars for clients and families.
Congratulations to Ashley Ferullo, of Natick, who won our $5KGetaway raffle, and will receive a voucher for $5,000 for a vacation to the destination of her choice!
How Funds Help the Wayside Community:
Net proceeds from Wayside's 5K4Kids are used to support children, youth and families across Wayside's service areas. We have a terrific system where staff form teams and are allowed to use 100% of the funds they raise to help the kids and families in their own programs. Last year, for example:
- 76 teens at the Wayside Campus received holidays gifts
- 138 families got store gift cards for clothing and food
- 51 young adults were given bus passes
- 14 children signed up for memberships to the YMCA
- 40 volunteers at our 24-hour Rape Crisis Hotline were acknowledged with a special dinner